CPPCHECK DEFECTS DETECTION AUTOMATION FOR THE ATHENA FULL SCAN AT ASCIG SESSION IN S&C WEEK
Our group member Luka TODUA presented " Cppcheck Defects Detection Automation for the Athena Full Scan" at ASCIG Session in S&C Week with the presentation. He described all the steps they went through to develop the automated process of CppCheck Defect Detection Automation, which includes :
1. Cloning/Pulling Athena repository
2. Scanning Athena repository with Cppcheck. Generating Defects list in XML format
3. Finding new Defects. Comparison of past week Defects list and current Defects list
4. Searching Authors, their Emails and MR date for each Defect with Git command
5. Finding Defect Authors username in Cern phonebook for Jira Tickets with Ldapsearch command
6. Creating Jira Tickets and assigning to Defect Authors automatically
7. Generating Statistical data such as Overall Defects, Fixed Defects, Overall Fixed Defects in XML format
8. Converting XML files to HTML tables
9. Uploading HTML tables to Cppcheck Web-page
Luka also described every script files they created to run automation and gave detail description of each of them. He also showed attendees results of automation generated and put into tables on the webpage linked above. He also described briefly about future plans.
Luka got lots of good feedbacks about his work for automating the whole complexed process.